A City homebuyer loan assistance option for moderate income public service workers is now available for those interested in purchasing a home within Greensboro city limits.
If you’re a first-time homebuyer employed by the City of Greensboro, Guilford County, Guilford County public schools, the US military or are a military veteran, the City’s Housing Connect GSO now has an option designed for you.
Called “Public Service Heroes,” this assistance is for those employees who:
• Earn 81-120 percent of the area median income (AMI)
• Plan to live in the home as the principal residence during the loan term
• Don’t own any other home or have an ownership interest in any real estate.
If eligible for Public Service Heroes, you could receive down payment and closing cost assistance up to $15,000. Ten thousand dollars is available as a bonus if the purchased home is located in a City-designated reinvestment or redevelopment area.
To talk about your eligibility for the Public Service Heroes assistance, contact Housing Consultants Group (HCG) by phone at 336-553-0946, ext. 201, or by email.
Public Service Heroes is one of three Housing Connect GSO homebuyer loan assistance options now available for low- and moderate-income, first-time homebuyers.
The other two are for:
- Households with incomes at or below 80 percent of the AMI, with up to $15,000 in assistance plus $5,000 for homes in reinvestment or redevelopment areas.
- Households with an AMI of 81-120 percent, with up to $10,000 of assistance and $5,000 for homes in reinvestment or redevelopment areas. This option is called #100Homes, which is a City Council initiative to continue offering homebuyer assistance to moderate-income households.
Learn more at www.greensboro-nc.gov/HomebuyerAssistance.